Hi Gildas,

the approach which Main Galaxy takes is as described by Nate in the
exercise document linked by Laure. Exerpt here:

"In addition, you can gracefully restart the uWSGI Galaxy process with sudo
supervisorctl signal HUP gx:galaxy. uWSGI is configured to start Galaxy in
a "master" process and then fork the configured number of worker processes.
Because of this, if sent a SIGHUP signal, it will kill the workers but the
master process will hold its socket open, blocking client (browser)
connections until new workers are forked. This prevents users from seeing a
proxy error page during restarts."

Using this, you can restart both the uWSGI server and Galaxy handlers with:

$ sudo supervisorctl signal HUP gx:galaxy && sudo supervisorctl restart
gx:handler0 gx:handler1

without supervisor it would be something like $ pkill -HUP -o -u <user>
uwsgi

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Martin