Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr.
(Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
(National Student Survey 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk
--- Begin Message ---
Hans-Rudolf Hotz writes:

> - delete your cookies

That seems to have done the trick. Very Strange...

> - what happens if you simplify your installation: i.e. switch back to
> the built in SQlite database

There was no change in behaviour if I switched back to the SQLite db
after previously using MySQL.  However a fresh clone, with otherwise
identical settings, had no issues when using SQLite.

In either case, clearing cookies (or rather all history) seems to have
solved the problem.  I'm guessing there was a strange interaction
between data in the saved cookies (presumably containing session info
for a now non-existant user), the history system and MySQL.  Oh well.

> PS: ....and a completely unrelated piece of advice: Once you have fixed
> this issue, I strongly recommend switching to PostgreSQL.

I gather SQLAlchemy prefers this!  What kind of issues can I expect when
using MySQL?

Many Thanks

Max

--- End Message ---