Hi Galaxy Community,

I have the same problem than Nikolay few years ago (
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/connecting-to-a-DB-on-a-different-host-td4139952.html#a4139955)
:
I would like to connect my Galaxy instance to my postgresql database using
SSL encryption and Auth method md5.
I have no problems connecting to the DB via the command line with SSL
encryption.

When setting the galaxy.ini file with postgresql database connection to
"postgresql://<USERNAME>:<PWD>@<HOST>:5432/<DB_NAME>?sslmode=require", I
get the following message :
"OperationalError: (psycopg2.OperationalError) sslmode value "require"
invalid when SSL support is not compiled in"

Regarding the former post I thought that it might come from the module
psycopg2's compilation.

I followed the steps of the post but encounter a different error.

What I did:

 1. Downloaded a tar.gz of psycopg2 2.5.1 (I saw the needed version in the
file eggs.ini) to <install dir>/galaxy/ and unpacked it there
 2. cd into psycopg2, modified the setup.py according to the instructions
(added the line containing scramble_lib)
 3. export the path to pg_config (export
PATH=<path/to/postgresql>/bin:$PATH)
 4. added the file ez_setup.py (downloaded from
https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py) to <install
dir>/galaxy/scripts/scramble/lib/, the same dir where scramble_lib.py is
located
 5. ran PYTHONPATH=<install dir>/galaxy/scripts/scramble/lib python
setup.py egg_info --tag-build=_9.4.4_static bdist_egg
And get the following error :

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 57, in <module>
    from scramble_lib import *
  File "<install dir>/galaxy/scripts/scramble/lib/scramble_lib.py", line
150, in <module>
    use_setuptools( download_delay=8, to_dir=os.path.dirname( __file__ ) )
  File "<install dir>/galaxy/scripts/scramble/lib/ez_setup.py", line 160,
in use_setuptools
    version = _resolve_version(version)
  File "<install dir>/galaxy/scripts/scramble/lib/ez_setup.py", line 368,
in _resolve_version
    resp = urlopen(meta_url)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1198, in https_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1165, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>
"

Could it be because I have no internet access ? What module should I
install to enable SSL encryption ?

Additional information :
- Postgresql version 9.4.4
- Galaxy version 15.10
- I use virtualenv for python environment

Thanks in advance,
Floreline