Hi,
I've installed a local instance of Galaxy (on Ubuntu 16.04, python 2.7.12)
and have run in to this exact problem
(posted by Nikolaos Tur
https://www.mail-archive.com/galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org/msg03955.html
)
while trying to add naive_variant_caller tool.
Naive_variant_caller can't install because these two dependency packages
can't be installed.
I basically get exactly the same error message that ends with "IOError:
Could not build the egg."

Unfortunately I'm very new to both Galaxy and Python (Taking Coursera
Galaxy course at the moment) and I don't really understand the solution
Nikolaos described about modifying the setup.py to use "setuptools" instead
of "distribute". I don't even know where to find setup.py...

Can anyone help me with step-by-step details as to how to solve this
dependency problem?

Much Thanks!
--
Jennifer Hsieh