Der galaxy-dev list,

I just updated my 16.10 installation to 17.01 in order to see how upgrading works.

I followed https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Maintenance where point 8 is to run migration scripts.

Also the Admin Course (https://martenson.github.io/dagobah-training/10-upgrading-release/upgrading.html#9) refers to tool and DB migration steps that need(?) to be invoked.

I checked the output of run.sh and it seems to me that all migration scripts are run automatically: eg. there is output like:

migrate.versioning.script.base DEBUG 2017-02-15 13:56:53,451 Loading script lib/galaxy/model/migrate/versions/0001_initial_tables.py... migrate.versioning.script.base DEBUG 2017-02-15 13:56:53,451 Script lib/galaxy/model/migrate/versions/0001_initial_tables.py loaded successfully

So I was wondering what the admin should do here? Just check for errors or problems?

Cheers,
Matthias