De : galaxy-dev [mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.galaxyproject.org] De la part
de Gildas Le Corguillé
Envoyé : vendredi 20 janvier 2017 10:22
À : Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com>
Cc : Galaxy Dev List <galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org>
Objet : Re: [galaxy-dev] Blast db permission

Hello Mohamed,

Two years ago, we had exactly the same needs (actually, we still have) and took
an internship to investigate and develop a solution to privatize blast databank
through Galaxy.
As many projects, we didn’t find enough time to finalize that.

I have just push the different scripts we have if you want to test or just have
a look: https://github.com/abims-sbr/galaxy-blastprivate

Cheers

Gildas

Gildas Le Corguillé - Bioinformatician/Bioanalyste
Plateform ABiMS (Analyses and Bioinformatics for Marine Science)
http://abims.sb-roscoff.fr

Member of the Workflow4Metabolomics project
http://workflow4metabolomics.org<http://workflow4metabolomics.org/>

Station Biologique de Roscoff - UPMC/CNRS - FR2424
Place Georges Teissier 29680 Roscoff FRANCE
tel: +33 2 98 29 23 81

Le 19 janv. 2017 à 14:53, Peter Cock

Hello Mohamed,

Right now this is not possible, and I can't think of any way to
restrict access to system level BLAST databases listed in
the blast*.loc files by user. However, since other Galaxy
tools use *.loc files, someone else may have some ideas.

You might be able to try using a BLAST database in a
shared data library (Galaxy has a role based permissions
system you could use), but the user would first have to
import the database into their current history.

I hope that helps,

Peter

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Mohamed Kassam