Hello all,

I am pleased to announce the *Galactic Blog
<https://galaxyproject.org/blog/>,* a place for blogging about Galaxy and
your experiences with it. The blog is on the Galaxy Hub
<https://galaxyproject.org/> and can be reached from the home page and the
Hub's Community menu.

Our very first post
<https://galaxyproject.org/blog/2017-10-05-elixir-galaxy-community/> is
about the ELIXIR Galaxy Community and was written by Frederik Coppens,
Gildas Le Corguillé, and Björn Grüning.  We have a few more posts lined up
over the next week or so, but after that ...

*The Galactic Blog needs you!  *If you've done something that others would
benefit from knowing about then please create a Galactic Blog post
describing your experiences. See the CONTRIBUTING
<https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy-hub/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#blog-metadata>
page. If you have questions, please let me know.

Blog posts can either be directly created in the Galactic Blog (and hosted
on the Galaxy Hub <https://galaxyproject.org/>), or can be posted on your
favorite blogging platform (see, for example, Galactic Engineer
<http://galacticengineer.blogspot.co.uk/>) and linked to from the Galactic
Blog. We'll tweet about every entry and highlight them in the monthly
newsletter as well.

Finally, this was a team effort and I'd particularly like to thank Dannon
Baker, Björn Grüning, and Martin Čech for their contributions.

I look forward to reading your blog posts!

Dave C

PS: The Galactic Blog replaces the former *Community Log* and includes all
content from it (which is why, even though the blog is new, it includes
entries back to 2013).

--
https://galaxyproject.org/
https://usegalaxy.org/