From: galaxy-dev [galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.galaxyproject.org] on behalf of Rui
Wang [ruiwang...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:30 PM
To: galaxy-dev@lists.galaxyproject.org
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] can't create user on a new instance

Hi Folks,

I still could not create new user account with the same error message. Has
anyone happened to see this before?

Cheers,
Rui

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM Rui Wang
<ruiwang...@gmail.com<mailto:ruiwang...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hey Folks,

I just installed a new 18.05 instance with a new postgresql db created.
However, the UI doesn't allow me to create any user. After I provided all input
information, it says

galaxy.web.framework.webapp WARNING 2018-10-09 17:28:35,735 [p:32925,w:1,m:0]
[uWSGIWorker1Core2] Wrong session token found, denying request

in the server log. Btw, I enabled 'allow to create user' and admin user list is
empty.

I looked into it, and it's a function in lib/galaxy/web/framework/webapp.py:

    def check_csrf_token(self):
        session_csrf_token = self.request.params.get("session_csrf_token", None)
        problem = False
        if not session_csrf_token:
            log.warning("No session_csrf_token set, denying request.")
            problem = True
        elif session_csrf_token != self.session_csrf_token:
            log.warning("Wrong session token found, denying request.")
            problem = True

        if problem:
            return self.show_warn_message("Failed to authorize action.")

Could someone give me a hand? :-)

Cheers,
Rui