Hello Sonali,

If the reference file is sequence and the little files are sequence, then using one of the NGS mapping tools would work (without the need to split/merge). This would make the assumption that "index position" means "positional coordinates" with respect to the reference.

It is not exactly clear what you are trying to do, so if you would like to provide more information about the bio task you are trying to create a workflow for, we can offer more help. Perhaps there is another method to obtain the result you want.