Excerpts from Jesse Erdmann's message of Wed Jan 12 23:48:00 +0000 2011:

> I searched the mailing lists and saw a request for something like this
> in 2008, but as far as I can tell nothing has ever been implemented.
> Is there a solution I am missing or do I need to implement a wrapper
> tool that would do this as opposed to using a workflow?  Thanks!

Hi Jesse, unfortunately this is a bug that remains unfixed. The correct
behavior is for inputs to be ordered based on their position in the
workflow editor (top to bottom, then left to right). However, this
stopped working at some point. We'll try to take another look at this
soon. No workaround unfortunately.

--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology / Computer Science, Emory University