Hello Jean-Baptiste,

Thanks very much for bringing these issues to our attention.

In change set 4860:d7162c6046fb, we've added exception handling around
displaying a data library so an error message is displayed rather than the
server error.  We have also added the ability for an admin user to delete /
undelete data libraries when browsing all data libraries ( these operations can
be performed on 1 or more data libraries simultaneously ).

This change set should make it to the distribution within the next few weeks,
or you can pull directly from our development repo at

https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/

Greg Von Kuster

On Dec 30, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Jean-Baptiste Denis wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> i'm a sysadmin in charge of installing a Galaxy server. I'm a totally
> beginner regarding this software.
>
> I've installed Galaxy using the documentation on the wiki (with Apache
> as a proxy and postgresql as database) and everything went fine.
>
> I've tried to create a new library as a galaxy admin. I've added a
> dataset using "Upload files from filesystem paths" without copying
> data into galaxy. To test the behaviour of Galaxy in a weird situation
> i've added "/" (:D), clicked on "Upload to library" and closed the
> navigation tab after one minute.
>
> As a result, the new data library appears under the "Manage data
> libraries" page. But, when i click on it, i've got a server error.
>
> Here is the traceback :
>
> --------------------------
> File
> '/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/database/compiled_templates/library/common/browse_library.mako.py',
> line 229 in render_render_content
>  if not trans.app.security_agent.library_is_public( library,
> contents=True ):
> File '/home/sis/jbdenis/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/security/__init__.py',
> line 541 in library_is_public
> File '/home/sis/jbdenis/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/security/__init__.py',
> line 559 in folder_is_public
> File '/home/sis/jbdenis/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/security/__init__.py',
> line 559 in folder_is_public
> File '/home/sis/jbdenis/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/security/__init__.py',
> line 559 in folder_is_public
> File '/home/sis/jbdenis/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/security/__init__.py',
> line 562 in folder_is_public
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dataset'

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team
g...@bx.psu.edu