On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Freddy de Bree <freddy.deb...@wur.nl> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering if there is a place within the Galaxy content (a config, an
> xml file)
> that gives me some handles on how to address attributes of data input.
>
> For example, I can get the 'file_name' of data input, by addressing this
> attr
> as 'input.file_name', and for example, the original name of the data file
> can be addressed with 'input.name'.
>
> Anyone any clues where I can find this info?
>
> Freddy de Bree

Some are given in examples on the main tool XML doc page,
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/ToolConfigSyntax

Others I've noticed by looking at the provided XML wrappers,
and/or email list questions. For example, .ext or .extension gives
the Galaxy file type (e.g. fasta).

Other than that, I guess you can always read the code - but I
agree that a document describing this would be nice to have.

Peter