On Feb 9, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Stephen Taylor wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> What if (after upload) this is your first step? With 'Upload' you don't get
> the option to do 'Change Datatype'.

I'm not exactly sure I follow.  If the first step in your workflow after the
Input Dataset step is Bowtie, then you won't want to do this in the workflow,
it should happen prior to that.  The workflow expects that you're supplying the
correct format for that first step.

When you are first uploading the file you can specify at that time that it
should be a fastqsanger file.  For datasets that are already in a history, you
can click the pencil icon on the history item and change the datatype there
without running the fastq groomer.

Let me know if I've misunderstood and this doesn't cover what you're looking to
do.

Thanks!

-Dannon