On 14/02/11 19:35, Peter Cock wrote:
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Florent Angly<florent.an...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Thanks for the help Alex! I got it working this way:

In the<inputs>  section:
<param name="random_seed" type="integer" value="0" optional="true"
label="Random seed" help="Seed number to use for the pseudo-random number
generator." />

In the<command>  section:
      #if $random_seed>  0
        -random_seed    $random_seed
      #end if

Florent
Does that actually let the user put an empty string in? My guess is not,
and you are just using zero as the default (meaning no seed). This is
the same workaround I have been using (where there is a suitable
dummy values - not always the case).

Peter

Yes, it simply is a workaround that allows me to keep working with Galaxy.
Hopefully, your patch that fixes this issue can be accepted soon: https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/403/enhance-tool-parameters-to-be-optional
Best,
Florent