Hi List,

I have a couple of miRNA-Seq files (Illumina GAIIx, 29nt read length). These
reads contain differing amounts of 3' adapter sequences and therefore map
really badly to the human genome (with eland v2). Therefore, I'd like to use
the FastX clipper tool, which states that "This tool clips adapters from the
3'-end of the sequences in a FASTA/FASTQ file." However, After uploading my
fastq files and converting it to Sanger format, the clipper does not accept the
fastq file as input. After converting it to fasta it works fine. However, the
mapping tools will only accept fastq files. So my question is, is there a way
to clip the adapter directly in the fastq file (we have a local installation of
galaxy, so I may also use command line options)?

Thank you very much for your input,

Mike

--
Dr. Michael Walter
MFT Services

Tel.: +49 7071 29 83210
Fax. + 49 7071 29 5228
web: www.mft-services.de

Confidentiality Note:
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized
use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.