Hi Mike,

I was able to select fastqsanger files from one of my histories at our public
server. If you are using the public server, can you share your history with me
and I will check if there is a reason you are unable to select these datasets.
If you are trying this on your local instance, can you make sure it is running
up-to-date Galaxy code?

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan