Hello Martin,

A few other users had problems with this particular datasets last week when importing from UCSC. It was likely a transient problem, as "Get Data -> UCSC main" imports are working OK now from our test cases. Please try again and see if you can get the entire genome.

Remember that "Get Data -> Bx main" is our mirror of the UCSC browser and can be an alternative source of data if there is some temporary connection/build issue preventing data import from UCSC main. Bx main can also be the best option if you want to get a large file loaded into a history quickly.

About track content: The UCSC Browser's track description pages are the best place to get the details of construction. The quick distinction is that for the most part, the the gene group has finished sequences and the mRna/EST group has raw sequences.

Please let us know if you need more help,