Hello Andrea,

Make a copy of the ~/tools/data_source/biomart.xml for your local biomart
install, and change the action in the following tag to point to it.

<inputs action="http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martview"; check_values="false"
method="get" target="_top">

Then add your new biomart tool wrapper to your tool_conf.xml file and start up
your Galaxy instance.

For details about adding a new tool, see
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/AddToolTutorial.

Greg Von Kuster

On Mar 26, 2011, at 10:19 AM, Andrea Edwards wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have looked at the biomart plugin for Galaxy and this seems to allow access
> to marts on the biomart central server.
> Is there anyway to use this plugin to access a biomart on my server if I
> can't make my biomart available on the biomart central server.
>
> If not, would it be possible to achieve this with galaxy tools. I've heard of
> galaxy tools but never made one so I don;t know what is involved.
>
> Failing that would i be able to use the biomart plugin to access my server if
> I had a local installation of galaxy
>

> thanks

> http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Greg Von Kuster