Hi Surya,

I made Galaxy scripts, FASTQ interlacer and de-interlacer, to do exactly what you are describing: https://bitbucket.org/fangly/galaxy-central/changeset/3fa11cf2730d The tools extend the Galaxy Python API and therefore need Galaxy to work. Unfortunately, FASTQ interlacer and de-interlacer are still waiting to be committed to the Galaxy development repository by a Galaxy maintainer.

Florent