Hello!

                I would like to ask a question related to this thread below.  I
ran into the same issues as below and was unaware of having to swap some
columns around in the GTF file.  So, after 'swapping the gene name from the
complete table (name2 value, column 12) into the GFT file's gene_id value
(which by default is the same as transcript_id)," I uploaded this "patched"
file (mm9) into Galaxy and ran Cufflinks, CuffCompare and CuffDiff using this
"patched" GTF file as the reference annotation.  For both Cufflinks and
CuffCompare, the gene_id was present in their respective columns.  The problem
I have encountered now is that in all of the output files in CuffDiff, the
gene_id column is blank (contains a "-"; highlighted in yellow below).  This
example is from the CuffDiff gene expression output file:

test_id

gene

locus

sample_1

sample_2

status

value_1

value_2

ln(fold_change)

test_stat

p_value

significant

XLOC_000001

-

chr1:4797973-4836816

q1

q2

OK

73.1908

82.1567

0.115559

-0.71896

0.472168

no

XLOC_000002

-

chr1:4847774-4887990

q1

q2

OK

81.7264

53.1165

-0.43089

2.44474

0.014496

no

XLOC_000003

-

chr1:5073253-5152630

q1

q2

OK

408.289

333.749

-0.20159

2.73173

0.0063

no

XLOC_000004

-

chr1:5578573-5596214

q1

q2

NOTEST

2.34764

4.79772

0.71473

-0.89735

0.369532

no

                What am I doing wrong?  I am interested in the differentially
expressed genes in this RNA-Seq dataset (as well as calling variants, which is
my next step, but want to get this answered first before moving on).  Any info,
suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David