From: Jeremy Goecks <jeremy.goe...@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Normalization an dplotting of RPKM/FPKM after cufflink
To: "vasu punj" <pu...@yahoo.com>
Cc: galaxy-u...@bx.psu.edu
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2011, 3:45 PM

Vasu,

> I want to include the following discussion in my message regarding use Bam
> files of Tophat to visualize reads either in IGV or Galaxy or other tools.
>  I want to find out if I can plot RPKM/FPKM normalized values
> after running differential analysis in Cufflinks.

Galaxy has a number of tools for analyzing numerical data; look under the menu
items Statistics and Graph/Display Data for useful tools. If you're looking to
plot FPKM values in addition to mapped reads from Tophat and Cufflinks
transcripts, the Galaxy Tracks Browser might prove useful as it has filtering
functionality so that you can move a slider to show/hide data based on FPKM
values; its often useful to use the sliders for FPKM measures to get a sense of
your data. See the attached screenshot for an example.

Best,
J.