Hello Falak,

Single your data is single end, there should be no forward/reverse sequence data to split, you can just run Bowtie in a single run.

Hopefully this helps,

On 4/26/11 2:44 PM, Sher, Falak wrote:
Hi Experts,

I have single end Illumina reads from ChIP-Seq experiment. The files have
encoding Illumina 1.5, and the sequence length is 76bp.

After basic FastQc I want to map the sequences using Bowtie. My question is:

do I need to split my reads (farward and backward) before running mapping tool?

  In one of Galaxy screen shorts reads are spitted while not in the other.

Thank you in advance,