Sumathy,

It sounds like you're on the right track. To visualize data for a custom build
in Trackster, you need to create a custom build and use that in Trackster:

(1) using the top tabs in Galaxy, go to User --> Custom Builds;
(2) add a new build with the length info as follows:
<contig_name> <length>

Important note: you'll need to make sure that your contig name matches the one
used in your fasta file. This is my best guess about what's causing problems
for you.

(3) Create a Trackster visualization using the custom build and add your
dataset.

Let us know if you have more questions/problems.

Thanks,
J.

On May 6, 2011, at 10:43 PM, <puvan...@umn.edu> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I may be doing in a wrong way. I clicked trackster and I added the custom
> build genome. Since it is a very small genome (~2kb), I considered this as a
> single contig. Then I cliked "add tracks" and added my data file. But I got a
> message "no data for this contig. Whenever I used built in genomes I did not
> have any problem. I guess I am doing something wrong here.
>

> Sumathy
>

> On May 6 2011, Jeremy Goecks wrote:
>
>> Sumathy,
>>
>> What kind of problems are you having with Trackster?
>>
>> J.
>>
>> On May 6, 2011, at 8:30 PM, <puvan...@umn.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>  I was able to run RNA seq data against a custom build genome. How can I
> visualize the results. I tried via trackster and unfortunately I couldn't.
> Can you help me?
>>> Thanks
>>> Sumathy