Hi Matloob,
Others should contribute their experiences as well but for the Galaxy VM and
cloud, we use Ubuntu 10.04. Also, to automate the machine setup, we have a
scripts that perform all of the required setup steps; the scripts are usable
by anyone for a range of machines and are available here:
https://bitbucket.org/afgane/mi-deployment/

Good luck,
Enis

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Matloob Khushi <matloob.khu...@sydney.edu.au