> From: Tilahun Abebe <tilahun.ab...@uni.edu>
>
> We are trying to load Illumina data to our local Galaxy instance. The
> files are between 700 MB and 2.2 GB. Files below 2 GB load in less
than
> 5 minutes. Files larger than 2 GB don't upload at all. We installed
> Galaxy locally because we thought loading files will be faster than
the
> server version. Any suggestions to solve this problem is highly
appreciated.

While  (from others experience) Galaxy _should_ be able to upload files
that large, we've had some problems with our local installation too.
Investigation didn't reveal any cause, so we put it down to the quality
of our network. You might what to look at the webserver or proxy that
you have in front of Galaxy - from memory, both Apache and nginx can be
configured to impose file size limits, so that _may_ be the problem. In
any event, you might want to configure your server to handle uploads and
downloads directly as per
<https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/Config/ProductionServe
r>. Finally you can pass an url to the upload dialog to get Galaxy to
pull the file from an ftp server - for example - and that may prove more
robust.

----
Paul Agapow (paul-michael.aga...@hpa.org.uk)
Bioinformatics, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk