Jen,

Thanks for all your quick responses. I have found Googling documentation for
Galaxy extremely hard, because it is such a common term. How I wish it had been
misspelled (intentionally)!

I work in an informatics core, where several of us collaborate on projects. We
have a local Galaxy installation. We are working hard to become proficient at
Galaxy as we get deluged with NGS analysis requests.

We recently tried to have two of us work in the same history, but did not
succeed.
I "shared" the history with my colleague, but he was un-able to use it
directly.

If he "imported" it or "cloned" it, it made a copy.
Even when he "referenced" it, any new tasks he ran did not show up in my
original history.

I see there are a bunch of roles under history > options > "dataset security",
but I haven't been able to figure out how to use them, or if they would help
with this issue.

We currently use Shibboleth for authentication, and have no groups or roles
defined. I'm not currently an admin, but that will get fixed shortly.

Is there a specific tutorial or page that covers this type of collaborative
setup?
I looked at https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/SecurityFeatures,
but still wasn't clear if I could achieve what I want with roles and groups.

Regards,
Curtis