Jen,

We are running into the same problem on our local install of galaxy.
We're running Cufflinks v.1.0.1, on a BAM file (accepted_reads) from TopHat run
on mm9 based RNAseq data (paired-end 25mer), and pulled down the changes made
to galaxy last month to support the 1.0.1 version of Cufflinks.

We (think) we have mm9 indexes locally installed. We can successfully run
get_genomic_sequence on mm9 .BED's....

Turning off bias correction made no difference.

We also tried rolling back to Cufflinks v0.9.1 (including the Galaxy patch),
and got the same error

An error occurred running this job: cufflinks v0.9.1
cufflinks -q --no-update-check -I 500000 -F 0.000100 -j 0.000100 -p 4 -N
Error running cufflinks. [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'transcripts.gtf'

An error occurred running this job: cufflinks v1.0.1
cufflinks -q --no-update-check -I 500000 -F 0.000100 -j 0.000100 -p 4 -N
Error running cufflinks. [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'transcripts.gtf'

I can provide a link to the history on our server that you should
(theoretically) be able to access.

Regards,
Curtis