Hi,

I am working with HeLa cells and want to know how to get cufflinks etc. to
highlight if a region of the genome is being transcribed that is not in the
ensembl gtf. I know that cufflinks highlights with class code "j" regions that
do not match a known gene and therefore may be novel but most of these arise
from transcription on or near known genes. Does anyone know how to look for
transcription that is clearly distinct from known genes? This is a wild goose
chase but worth a peek just in case...

Best Wishes,
David.

__________________________________
Dr David A. Matthews

Senior Lecturer in Virology
Room E49
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine,
School of Medical Sciences
University Walk,
University of Bristol
Bristol.