Hi Ross,

thanks for taking care of this issue.

On 07/05/2011 12:31 AM, Ross wrote:

> Is this error seen on Galaxy main or test? If so please share the
> history with me so I can see the input and reproduce what sounds like
> a wrapper error?
>
> Otherwise, if this is on a private instance, and if the tool has never
> produced output successfully, then this may be a dependency
> installation problem - eg you may need to ensure that the weblogo3
> executable is available and working correctly on the path used by your
> execution nodes. To assure yourself that your data works with the
> tool, please try running it on main using the same data, and let me
> know what you see?

in fact it's a private instance of galaxy, it's the latest version of
galaxy-dist (hg summary: 5743:720455407d1c).
The input data is fine, it's a clustalw alignment in fasta format which
can be used by the weblogo module on galaxy main.

Maybe some background info on the weblogo installation helps:
it's located below the tool_dependency_dir as defined in
universe_wsgi.ini in weblogo/3.0 (with default as a link to 3.0). It
contains the file env.sh which sets the PATH:
export PATH=/home/galaxy/dependencies/weblogo/3.0:$PATH

Starting the weblogo executable with the galaxy virtualenv python seems
to work (just tested --help), although it returns a warning:

~/python/bin/python ./weblogo
--help/home/galaxy/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/CoreBio-0.5.0-py2.6.egg/corebio/seq_io/_nexus/__init__.py:19:
DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
  import sets

I also tested putting a link to the weblogo executable in the PATH
that's defined for the galaxy user (as opposed to the dependency dir
mechanism, that I have to admit I don't fully understand yet), but that
also doesn't work. Could this be an issue of PYTHONPATH needing to be
adjusted?

Regards,
Holger