Hi
I am sequencing a bacterial genome and have assembled my Illumina
reads (40 bp single) using bowtie with a reference genome. This
generated a sam file.
I would like to obtain a listing of the open reading frames from the
bacterial genome and the corresponding genes that they are most
similar to.
Can you please give the tools/steps  necessary to do this?

many thanks

Jo