From: Jennifer Jackson [mailto:j...@bx.psu.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 11:54 AM
To: Peng, Tao; galaxy-b...@bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-bugs] loading data

Hello,

Glad to hear that you were able to load your data.

When logged in, FTP loaded data will initially be in the FTP upload area

under the "Get Data -> Upload" tool (in the center pane). From here,
load data into the history that you wish to work with. If you are not
sure where this is exactly, please note the graphics in the FTP wiki and

screencast.

As a reminder, please send all new and followup questions with a to or
cc to the mailing list, not to individual team members. This is
important for our team to be able to track and answer questions. We
would appreciate your helping out with this going forward.

Hopefully this helps.

On 8/12/11 11:39 AM, Peng, Tao wrote:
> Hi jen, I just finished FTP of R4 data set with 8.4 GB. Why can't I
see
> the data on the right panel of galaxy after loggin in?
>
> Tao

FTP
>> area.
>>>
>>> Given the current issues, please try a restart. Log out of Galaxy
and
>>> FileZilla (and restart your computer if possible). Then begin again,
>>> testing with a single, uncompressed file. You do not have to be
> logged
>>> into your Galaxy account to load with FileZilla, but you will need
>> be
>>>
>>> logged in to access the files on the "Get Data ->    Upload" form
> after
>>> upload is complete.
>>>
>>> If this fails, perhaps try reinstalling FileZilla or even a
different
>>> FTP client. This tutorial covers an alternative that can also be
used
>>> from the desktop:

http://galaxyproject.org/Support