From: Jennifer Jackson [mailto:j...@bx.psu.edu]
Sent: Thu 8/18/2011 3:46 PM
To: galaxy-u...@bx.psu.edu
Cc: Peng, Tao
Subject: visualization of alignment

Hello Tao,

For the Bowtie results, the aligned results may be low because the data
is RNA and not DNA. TopHat is generally considered a better choice for
RNA since it allows for bridges over splice sites (introns). The full
documentation for each program is on each tool's form and/or you can
contact the tool authors with scientific questions at
tophat.cuffli...@gmail.com.

Also, a tutorial and FAQ are available here:
http://usegalaxy.org/u/jeremy/p/galaxy-rna-seq-analysis-exercise
http://usegalaxy.org/u/jeremy/p/transcriptome-analysis-faq

For visualization, an update that allows the use of a user-specified
fasta reference genome is coming out very soon. For now, you can view
annotation by creating a custom genome build, but the actual reference
will be not included. Use "Visualization -> New Track Browser" and
follow the instructions for "Is the build not listed here? Add a Custom
Build".

Help for using the tool is available here:
http://galaxyproject.org/Learn/Visualization

As stated before, please email the mailing list directly and not
individual team members. Specifically, with a "to" to the mailing list
(only) and not including team members as a "to" or "cc" unless ask to do
so when sharing private data. Our internal tracking system and public
archives rely on this method. Thank you for your future corporation.

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team

--