Hello David,

The main hub for administration tasks is:
http://galaxyproject.org/Admin

To set up data, please see "Data Integration" and "NGS Local Setup".

If this is just your own local instance, you may not need to follow all of the procedures. And you are correct, any log in would be specific to your instance.

Hopefully this helps,