Hi Rich,

That is consistent with the BED format, that is in "BEDs" 0 based coordinate
system the SNP is at 1056309.   In the more common "1" based system this
translates to 1056310.  If the end were inclusive the SNP would be at
1056309-1056310 in "BED" world,  that is it would take 2 positions.

The first base of a genome in BED coordinates is represented as  0-1.

My quick rule of thumb for converting between coordinate systems is to add
(or subtract) 1 from the start base, leave the end base alone.

Jim