On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Lilach F <lilac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jennifer,
> I already tried 2 weeks ago to upload my whole exome data by FTP, according
> to the instructions you sent below. The files are too big, it should take
> days for each file, and it always stops in the middle after 12  hours or so.
> So I gave up.
>
> If I use Galaxy on a cloud, I can work with the files on my computer, or I
> will still have to upload them by ftp? I guess I will still have to upload
> them, so it doesn't solve my problem?

If you use Amazon, they have a service where you can post
them a hard drive and they copy it onto their cloud for you.
This costs money of course, but avoids the network problem.

The other option is to check with your local computing people -
perhaps there is a cluster or local super computing group you
can get access to?

Peter