Thank you for the quick answer.
Here is a screenshot of my security groups (I have 2 galaxy ones,
because I've been trying various options, but neither seem to work).
As far as I can tell it looks similar to yours (thanks for that, it
makes it easier to check that I typed everything in OK).
http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/c_doherty/?action=view&current=Screenshot-1.png

One difference is that I have been selecting BOTH default and galaxy2
security groups, maybe I should just select only galaxy2, I'll try
that next.

Looking at it through my ssh, I think I may be missing an even bigger
point because it does not seem like cloudman is running
There is nothing in the /tmp file except for my userData.yaml
(and it looks from various websites that I should have a tmp/cm dir)
So maybe I missed a major step in the setup?

Thanks again for any advice!
Colleen