Hi Hilary,

You came across something we are thinking of adding in (an option to "remove from disc" in one go, for all deleted datasets in a history).

Some sort of indication that the "delete from disc" really purged is a nice idea - we can think about that. For now, you would know if it was really deleted if the dataset didn't show up anymore when "Options -> Show Deleted Datasets" was used.

So, for right now, the quickest way around having to click on each twice is to use "Options -> Clone". The new cloned history will only have the undeleted datasets, leaving the rest behind. Then use "Options -> Saved Histories", check the box for the original history, and click on the button "delete and remove datasets from disc". You may need to "switch" away from the original history first (the active history - in the right pane - cannot be deleted).

"Options -> Copy Datasets" can be used, too, just is a few more clicks. Clone is quick. Just be sure to name the histories and double check content before purging, so that you don't delete something important by accident.

An improved help section to cover managing datasets (with info such as this) is being added to our wiki today/tomorrow. Should be helpful when quotas are started,

Take care,