Dear All,

There are related posts but it is unclear from them how to resolve the following. I'm trying to start a Galaxy server on Cygwin and it fails when trying to fetch an egg relying on NumPy. Could you kindly advise how to resolve the error?

This uses the Cygwin python 2.6.5. I tried to point Cygwin to the Windows python (2.7.2 in my case) but that was even worse, the Mako egg threw a KeyError: 'Mako' exception up front.

Thank you so much,
Oren

--------
$ python --version
Python 2.6.5

oren@oren-PC /cygdrive/c/web/galaxy-central
$ sh run.sh --reload
Some eggs are out of date, attempting to fetch...
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/Mako/Mako-0.4.1-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/Babel/Babel-0.9.4-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/Whoosh/Whoosh-0.3.18-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/Tempita/Tempita-0.1-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/lrucache/lrucache-0.2-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/NoseHTML/NoseHTML-0.4.1-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/pexpect/pexpect-2.4-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/amqplib/amqplib-0.6.1-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/PasteDeploy/PasteDeploy-1.3.3-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/WebHelpers/WebHelpers-0.2-py2.6.egg
Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/docutils/docutils-0.7-py2.6.egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/fetch_eggs.py", line 30, in <module>
    c.resolve() # Only fetch eggs required by the config
File "/cygdrive/c/web/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 345, i
n resolve
    egg.resolve()
File "/cygdrive/c/web/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 195, i
n resolve
    return self.version_conflict( e.args[0], e.args[1] )
File "/cygdrive/c/web/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line 226, i
n version_conflict
r = pkg_resources.working_set.resolve( ( dist.as_requirement(), ), env, egg.
fetch )
File "/cygdrive/c/web/galaxy-central/lib/pkg_resources.py", line 565, in resol
ve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)  # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: numpy==1.6.0
Fetch failed.