Hi Peter - I am using the "select random lines"... so I see the problem with fasta format (duh).  How can I randomly select records?

Daniel

On 13/10/2011 11:42, Peter Cock wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Daniel Sher <ds...@sci.haifa.ac.il> wrote:
Hello again,

I am trying to randomly select sequences from an uploaded fasta file, but
only about one-half of the randomly selected sequences actually contain
sequence data (see below).  The others contain only the name of the
sequence.  This happens even after making sure that in the initial file all
of the sequences indeed have sequence data (by filtering to obtain only
sequences with >100bp).

Any suggestions?
Looks like you're randomly picking *line* from the file, not *records*.

Which Galaxy tool are you using?

Peter

--
Daniel Sher, PhD