If Illumina 1.8+ is already using the Sanger FASTQ encoding, the file should
be recognized by downstream applications, like Quality statistics computer,
quality filter etc. However, my file is not visible by those programs and
when I click on it, only "uploaded fastq file" is displayed, without
encoding details.

S.