Dear all,

that has probably been asked 10e6 times, however, I don't find any comments on
how to properly escape special characters in a toolxy.xml. What I want to
achieve is the following:

<command interpreter="bash">$myScript &> $logFile</command>

where myScript is dynamically created (as part of the configfiles-section) and
the logFile is where stderr and stdout should go to. Now the problem is
obviously the "&"-character, because it causes the following error-msg on
reloading the toolxy.xml:

ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 5, column 50

where the 5/50 refers to the "&"-character. By the way: redirecting either
stdout or stderr by specifying just ">" (instead of "&>") works fine.

I tried a lot of different notations in the meanwhile, but neither something
like "\&>" nor "\&amp;>" works. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance and Cheers!
Uwe