Hi,
I am trying to set up a ftp server to upload data in my local instance of galaxy but I am having some problems with postgres. I spent a lot of time on it already and could not solve it yet (well I am a biologist). It seems pretty straight forward process at http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Upload%20via%20FTP , but I it is just not working. I am running it on Ubuntu 11.10, I have a ftp server set up already, but I can't fix the postgres. Is there any other way to upload data to the local instance without using a ftp server? Well I have all files in same computer where I have galaxy, using a ftp server seems to be a extra step. The only other way that I thought was to upload the compressed files, but I have around 15 files for every sample (14 sample total) and I would have to concatenate them later on.
Thank you.

Luciano Cosme