Howdy, Rich,

My interpretation of the error report is that the fastq file you are trying to groom contains the indicated text (lab/solexa_public/Zon/ 111021_WICMT-SOLEXA_64KF7AAXX/QualityScore/s_3_1_sequence.txt) on a line where it expects a valid fastq header. I believe a valid header line would begin with an at sign ("@"). So perhaps somewhere along the way, your fastq file's contents were replaced by a filename.

Bob H

On Nov 2, 2011, at 10:09 AM, Richard Mark White wrote:

Hi,
So, I am getting a fastq groomer error on some illumina data, with the following error. any ideas?

There was an error reading your input file. Your input file is likely malformed. It is suggested that you double-check your original input file for errors -- helpful information for this purpose has been provided below. However, if you think that you have encountered an actual error with this tool, please do tell us by using the bug reporting mechanism.

The reported error is: 'Invalid fastq header: lab/solexa_public/Zon/ 111021_WICMT-SOLEXA_64KF7AAXX/QualityScore/s_3_1_sequence.txt

rich

From: Jennifer Jackson <j...@bx.psu.edu>
To: arabidopsis <svine...@gmail.com>
Cc: galaxy-user@lists.bx.psu.edu
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: [galaxy-user] fastq groomer

Hello Slon,

In case you are still having issues, the best use case for Illumina 1.8+ data is to run the FASTQ Groomer tool with the option "Sanger". As Peter
noted, this assigns the expected datatype plus verifies content before
investing time in downstream analysis.

Please let us know if more help is needed,

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team

--