Hi everyone:

i met a problem with the GTF file from ucsc. I uploaded the GTF file from ucsc to galaxy and use this file to run cuffcompare. The running is fine. But in the output file I cannot find the gene_name( gene symbol) only gene_id and transcript_id. it was difficult for me to analyze the result if there was no gene name inforation. so where i can get GTF file that contain the gene_name information thus it will be convenient for the downstream analysis.

xiangming

Quoting Jennifer Jackson <j...@bx.psu.edu>:

Hi Chris,

Clearing the incorrect "database" assignment can be done by clicking on the pencil icon for the dataset, and in the database pull down menu, select the list header:

        ----- Additional Species Are Below -----

As you mention, chromosome names need to be identical between the reference fasta genome, any BAM files, and any input GTF files. Correct sorting and the GTF file's content are also important.

Since the iGenomes dataset is specifically designed to work with this software package, it seems worth contacting the tool authors if expected results are still coming up. They will know the dataset the best. Should a problem with Galaxy be uncovered, we would be very glad to learn about it and make necessary corrections.

Tool author's:
   web site: http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/

Thanks!