FTP server.

Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: galaxy-user-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-user-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Yury V Bukhman
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 3:01 PM
To: galaxy-user@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: [galaxy-user] enabling regular users to upload large data volumes to a
local Galaxy server

Hi,

we are running a local Galaxy server, administered by a bioinformatics core
group.  Our end users increasingly come to us with sets of large NGS files that
they can't upload to Galaxy on their own through a web browser.  We copy their
data to a Galaxy filesystem and upload into data libraries from there using the
admin interface.  However, the users would prefer to be able get their data
onto the server on their own.
What's the best solution to that?  Should we set up FTP upload?  Are there
other tricks?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yury

--
Yury V. Bukhman, Ph.D.
Associate Scientist, Bioinformatics Group Leader Great Lakes Bioenergy Research

interface at: