Dear Galaxy
we have a 454 metagenomic dataset.  We have used barcode splitter to divide the
dataset into it's constituent amplicons.  We have also been using a clustering
application (dnaclust) in Galaxy to subdivide the dataset by similarity.  My
question is; are there Galaxy tools to allow the combining, sorting and
counting of these two outputs?  For example, can each cluster - and then each
sequence within that cluster - be given an identifier.... so that one can then
split the output by barcode and summarise the data along the lines of
amplicon/barcode X has X number of sequences within cluster 1, X number of
sequences within cluster 2, ... etc?  Am I making any sense?
This is the sort of problem that sounds like it is solvable in Excel and,
indeed, a UK colleague of mine has been doing just this.  But is there a
straightforward means to do so in Galaxy?  It is not obvious to me in the
Filtering or Sorting tools.

best wishes
Simon

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be subject to legal
privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disseminate,
distribute or
 reproduce all or any part of this e-mail or attachments.  If you have received
this
 e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete all material pertaining
to this
 e-mail.  Any opinion or views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual
 sender and may not represent those of The New Zealand Institute for Plant and
 Food Research Limited.