To Whom It May Concern,

I am curious if there is a tool within Galaxy to generate a set of random
intervals from a particular genome similar to the "Random Intervals" tool
within the ENCODE tools? I am using the "Aggregate datapoints" tool to get
phastCons conservation scores for peaks from ChIP-Seq data. I would like to
compare these scores to a random expectation so would like to be able to use a
Random Intervals-like tool to generate a set of random positions to compare to
the experimental set.

Best,
Vinny

Vincent J. Lynch, Associate Research Scientist
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology & Yale Systems Biology Institute
Yale University

"There is a grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers,
having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that
whilst this planet has gone on cycling according to the fixed laws of
gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most
wonderful have been, and are being, evolved." -C. Darwin, 1859