Hi Liao,
I had similar problem with the postgresql whiling setting up my ftp server. The easy way to upload files to your local instance of Galaxy is to setup an admin user. You can find the instructions how to do it here http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Interface Now you can upload files really fast.

Luciano