Hello,

You can FTP on the command line by using:

unix% ftp main.g2.bx.psu.edu

then enter you Galaxy credentials, the exact same information used when you log into your web account.

user = galaxy email account
pass = galaxy password

The data will be loaded onto the server under you account in a holding area under the "Get Data -> Upload tool". After upload, go to this tool, see the FTP section, check the files, and load them into a history for use.

Or, a desktop client can be used. Instructions, including a screencast, are in this wiki: http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/FTPUpload

Hopefully this helps,