Greetings,

I am running galaxy locally (I believe it is distribution b258de1e6cea --
downloaded 6 Jan 2012 and haven't upgraded yet), and inadvertantly chose
'create new' under options which 'cleared' the history that I had been
working with.  I have not run anything since, so nothing should be
overwritten, and in fact  I can find the COMPLETE list of data files in
galaxy-dist/database/files/000.

Is there any way that I can recover my history, or can I at least load
desired .dat files from within that folder by navigating there using upload
data?

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I also need to reconfigure my local instance such that it will
actually let me SAVE my histories, as it currently tells me I need to be
'logged in', but then won't let me log in.  Perhaps there's a fix for that
in more recent releases?  But one problem at a time.

Thank you,   Jane

--

Jane E. Dorweiler, PhD